I found this gift card folder in my mom's craft room along with many other creations by my sister, Denise Jorgensen. Mom always helped her with the annual stamp camp in Renton, Washington.
It was created for note size cards with one piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP). The inside shows the fold and flap.
I did find a video tutorial about a month ago, but did not bookmark it, so went searching on Youtube again and finally found one by an Australian demonstrator using the new Eastern Palace Designer Series Paper that is available in 2 bundles this month, until May 31, before the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog goes live on June 1. Caroline made the note card size and her flap is different but the folding of the DSP is still the same.
I decided to make these for the stampers at my May class with some of the retiring Designer Series Papers, but resized it to accommodate 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" cards with envelopes. Here's the first one in Cucumber Crush.
Score the 12" x 9" DSP @ 2 1/4" on both long sides. Then score @ 5 5/8" from each of the ends. I also had to add a 1/4" extension to the flap to accommodate the larger cards. The closure is a velcro dot instead of magnets. But I think I'll do one on each side for the rest of my folded gift card boxes. Hope my stamping friends like them!
Oh, and did you know that new subscribers to Paper Pumpkin will get a 25% discount for 3 months. Check it out in the link below and remember to select me as your demonstrator. Thanks!
Here are some links to help you:
- Order (the current Host Code is FQP7R2PF) through my online store
- Until May 21, for your online order of over $50 and using the above host code, you will receive a free surprise stack of various 6 x 6 cut Designer Series Papers. Make sure to allow me to see your contact information.
- Check out the Clearance Rack...more items were added last week!
- Join my Sharing Hearts Team
- Contact me
- Comments and questions? Either contact me or click on the Comments link at the bottom of this page
- My Paper Pumpkin
Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!