For obvious reasons, making a birthday card is a lot more fun than making a sympathy card. One of our former neighbors, a man, passed away this past week, so I decided to create a simple card with one of the papers from the Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack, which will be retired at the end of May.
The Always Artichoke background paper is from the previously retired Adventure Bound Designer Series Paper Stack. Since I want to make a few more of these cards to have on hand, I embossed 5 1/4" x 4" pieces of Always Artichoke card stock with the Petal Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, which will remain in our new catalog...yay!
The card base is Whisper White, cut 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at the left side. The leaf photograph Designer Series Paper is cut 3" x 4 1/4", so you can get two pieces from the 6" x 6" piece.
The Flourishing Phrases stamp set has both inside and outside greetings (another yay! to remain in the new catalog), for sympathy, marriage, congratulations, get well, love, etc. You can also purchase it in the bundle with the Flourish Thinlits Dies to match until May 31.
Use the Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut the stamped greetings for both outside and inside. The stitching adds just the right touch for oval, circle and square greetings in several sizes. You won't find them in the current catalog as they were added mid-year, SO click on the icon at the end of this post to order or type 145372 in the Search box on the online ordering page.
Here are some links to help you:
- Order (the current Host Code is FQP7R2PF) through my online store
- Until May 21, for your online order of over $50 and using the above host code, you will receive a free surprise stack of various 6 x 6 cut Designer Series Papers. Make sure to allow me to see your contact information.
- Check out the Clearance Rack...more items were added last week!
- Join my Sharing Hearts Team
- Contact me
- Comments and questions? Either contact me or click on the Comments link at the bottom of this page
- My Paper Pumpkin
Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!