When I starting stamping 25 years ago (yes, it has been my hobby and part time career for that long), all we stamped on was glossy card stock. Now that Stampin' Up! has brought it back in their paper line, we are reviving our skills and techniques.
On today's card, which is a modified CASE from Alisson Okamitsu, I used glossy card stock for the ice cream and popsicle images.
Now, ink dries slower on glossy AND your inked stamp can slide around, so...
- Press and hold the inked stamp onto the glossy card stock.
- The stamp may stick to the paper, so gently peel it off the stamp.
- If you see ink pools on the image, turn the paper over and blot on scrap paper.
- The color will even out as it dries.
- Once the color has dried, you can stamp the 2nd two-step image following the same directions.
The colors on the card are Chocolate Chip, Peekaboo Peach, Pumpkin Pie and Lemon Lime Twist. Oh, I used Crumb Cake on the popsicle stick, too.
When working with the Cool Treats stamp set and coordinating Frozen Treat Framelits, you'll notice that the framelits are smaller than the stamps, so I recommend that you stamp the images first. You will then have a little "fudge" room to line up the images in the framelits when cutting.
I use the Magnetic Platform to help hold them in place. Do you know that there is not a single sheet of magnet inside? There are actually several small magnets. So when working with a smaller thinlit or framelit, toss it onto the platform to find one of the magnets. Then slide the cardstock under it, align the pieces and firmly hold the acrylic plate down to pass through the Big Shot.
Here are some other links to help you:
- Order (the current Host Code is MBXF3RQN) through my online store .
- For orders of $150 or more, YOU receive the Stampin' Rewards! Contact your friends to order with you.
- For July 1 - 31 Stampin' Up! is giving $5 bonus coupons for every $50 you order (before shipping and tax). There is no limit! Then, in August, you can redeem them on any order. How fun is that? Contact me for more information.
- Check out the Clearance Rack!
- Join my Sharing Hearts Team
- Contact me
- Comments and questions? Either contact me or click on the Comments link at the bottom of this page
- My Paper Pumpkin
- Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!