Have you decorated your tree yet? Or do you need an ornament exchange gift? Pull out some Silver Glimmer Paper and your Stars Framelits and have some fun! With items I had on hand, I made this star ornament for the Art Therapy class next week.
- Start by heat embossing a 3" star image onto the Thick Whisper White card stock. Cut with the 3" star framelit.
- Cut the next size larger (4") star from another piece of Thick Whisper White card stock.
- Cut the 3" star and the 4 3/4" stars from the Silver (or Gold) Glimmer Paper.
- To create a more 3 dimensional star, I folded each glimmer star "arm" lengthwise in on the back side to create a "mountain" on the glitter side.
- Apply hot glue to the center of the large glimmer star to adhere the 4" white star.
- Stack 2 or more dimensionals in the center back of the 3" glimmer star to attach to the 4" white star.
- Apply hot glue to the center of the 3" glimmer star to attach the embossed star.
- Add a decorative center like the Iced Rhinestone to the star.
- For the hangar, stack 2 or more dimensionals in the center back of the ornament.
- Tie the ends of a 12" piece of cording trim together. Loop around the dimensionals and secure at top with another dimensional.
- Punch a 2" circle and adhere to the dimensionals.
- Now it's ready to hang on your tree or package in a pretty handmade box.
The Bright and Beautiful stamp set that I used is no longer available, but Stampin' Up! has created another set called Be a Star that you can substitute. You can order any of these products online. My current Host Code is FZEQCUQN. Just enter it in the box provided at the bottom of your Shopping Bag. As always, if your order is over $150, you are the host and will receive the Stampin' Rewards. And then contact me about how you can earn rewards from me.